The kids are back to school, normal routine resumes! Each week I write a meal planner for our family, I generally use the following format, so I am covering the essential food groups and also it helps me more importantly keep down costs!
To accompany the recipes I do a mix over the week of either home-made chips, roast potatoes, sweet potatoes weges, jacket potatoes. With either veg, salad or homemade bread!
I have about 30 recipes that I generally circulate that are family favorites. Although I am always on the lookout for inspiration to try out new recipes on my family!
We are a rather large family of 5 with big appetites so there isn't often leftovers, but if there is I either freeze it (as long as the meat has already been frozen) or we have it the next night and i incorporate it in to a new meal with the raw ingredients I have in my stock cupboard and then one of the meals just gets pushed back a day! It all seems to work out and it means if I don't get chance to do the family shop on Monday I usually have a meal in reserve to use! Actually I think my best recipes have come from thinking up ways to use leftovers.
So this week I am going to share with you a favourite of ours which is Tarragon Chicken we usually have it with sweet potato wedges, carrots and broccoli.
What you'll need:
4 x chicken breasts
2 x garlic clove
1/2 pack of mushrooms
1 x red pepper
1 x yellow pepper
1 x chicken stock
1/2 tub of cream cheese
2 tbsp of dried tarragon
1 tbsp parsley
salt & pepper
4 x sweet potatoes
4 x carrots
1 x large brocoli
1) First of all peel the sweet potatoes and cut into strips to look like wedges, transfer into a roasting tin and spray with coconut fry light and season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Pop these into the oven at 200c for approx 40 minutes
2) Next peel and chop the carrots and chop up the brocoli, put into a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Leave on your cold hob for the moment
3) Now we start on the chicken, fry a wok with coconut oil and cut up the chicken into chunks and add to the pan, gently cook over a medium heat
4) While the chicken is cooking, finely cut up the garlic cloves into little pieces and add to the chicken
5) Cut up the peppers and mushrooms and once your chicken has whitened you can add this to the wok.
6) Boil the kettle and make up 300ml of chicken stock. Once your chicken, peppers and mushrooms have softened and have started to brown slightly add in the stock, cream cheese, salt and pepper, tarragon and parsley.
7) Turn on your veg at this point
8) Stir together and leave to simmer with a lid, stirring occasionally until the sweet potatoes & veg are ready. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Each Friday I will be sharing with you a favourite recipe of ours plus hints and tips to keep the costs down!
I will soon be launching a membership community which will give you access to lots of family friendly recipes, live cooking demonstrations, a chance to ask me questions on anything cooking related that you are not sure about! I'll be your very own cooking coach!!
Plus an opportunity to chat to other members and share tips and tricks!! If this is something you need in your life, then please drop me an email at email@example.com so you can be the first to hear about the launch!
Bye for now
Three Bears Cookery Club
If you liked our blog, head to our website where you can subscribe to receive our weekly newsletters, blogs and recipes!